Oracle10g SYS Logon - Urgent

From: venkat <mvenkatsriram_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2004 05:37:41 -0700

I am a developer. I am using Oracle10g. I have created database, tables etc...
I have installed Oracle10g on Linux and i am trying to access the tables, procedures from windows. So i downloaded the Oracle Manager for windows and configured. when i test the connection in Oracle Manager I tried to logged in as SYS and password. but it throwed an error
ORA-28009: connection to sys should be as sysdba or sysoper

when i notice 07_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY through SHOW PARAMETER it showed FALSE
what i have to do to make it TRUE. I have also tried Addding the 07_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY = TRUE in Init.ora files.

I am unable to connect to the database through my connection string. If i am wrong Please educate me.

I also use connection string
driver={Oracle ODBC Driver};UID=SYS;PWD=password;DBQ=Servicename;DBA=W

Thanks in advance

Venkat
Brij DataLink P Ltd
Chennai
India Received on Thu Jul 29 2004 - 07:37:41 CDT