Re: Simple Trigger Question

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:38:42 +0200

On 28 Jul 2004 06:32:03 -0700, lduhl_at_corp.realcomp.com (Lee) wrote:

>Sybrand
>
>My appolgies but I'm not sure if you are stating something or asking a
>question.
>
>I assume you comment means that my check (:New.ImageUrl <>
>:Old.ImageUrl) is not passing becuase the ":Old.ImageUrl" value is
>null.
>
>If this is the case, do I solve this problem by using the "NVL"
>function (IE: (NVL(:New.ImageUrl,'') <> NVL(:New.ImageUrl,''))?

Lee,

I was trying to learn you how to fish, I was trying to avoid fishing on your behalf.
So, yes, this is the correct solution.
Now if you would explain this to a coworker, who thinks NULL compared to NULL is TRUE. I'm struggling for several weeks now to try to explain this.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA