Problems installing Designer 6i and Oracle 8.17 Windows 2000

From: Anthony Irving <anthony.irving_at_eds.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2004 08:33:07 -0700

Myself and a co-worker have been trying to install these Oracle products on a Windows 2000 platform. Previously, we had read several post here, that said that designer should be installed first. Then to install Oracle 8.17. The Designer 6I installed went perfectly. When we tried to install Oracle 8.17 the systems hung at 92% completed. We know about the different Oracle homes issues. The installation was on a new Dell server. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

TIA
Anthony Received on Wed Jul 28 2004 - 10:33:07 CDT