Re: update oracle database when ever changes are made in access database

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:58:33 GMT

> > "Varun" <varuns123_at_ggn.hcltech.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > > well i have migrated the database from access to oracle and changes
> > > would be done in access only so i want to make same changes in the
> > > oracle database say after 10 mins. or so everytime i.e a continuous
> > > process either changes made or not so what should i do.
> > Get rid of the Access database, just use it as the GUI.
> > Jim
>
> but the problem is that the actual application that we are enhancing
> is using access and it is a step conversion so we cannot drop access
> entirely we r trying to shift to oracle once the whole thing is
> complete, till then updations are made in access only.

Access does not provide any native ways of doing this. You would have to build it all yourself. Probably better (less work) to just port it to Oracle. Less code, less QA, most of us don't have a lot of cycles to write all that code just to port to another platform in a delayed manner. You would have to track all the changes in Access and then figure out some way to move just those changes to Oracle.
Jim Received on Wed Jul 28 2004 - 09:58:33 CDT