Datafiles distribution.

From: kpipeg <kpipeg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2004 15:50:14 -0700

Hi there,

FOA, I must say that I am not a DBA with an Oracle DB to manage :-(

We decided to move from Solaris 8 to 9 and we´ve also decided to re-organized the datafiles because they on the same FileSystem on a VxVM Raid5.

As far as I can remember there were some "best practises" to organize datafiles ie across 3 or 4 files systems but I can´t remember the criteria to do so. The database is Oracle 9i and it is about 40 GB (although is going to grow now) and we are using the UNDOTBS feature.

Any help or point to a good doc would be really helpful.

Thanks,

K PIPE. Received on Tue Jul 27 2004 - 17:50:14 CDT