Re: Oracle 9iAS vs Oracle 10g AS

From: shay <gevatron_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2004 11:09:54 -0700

> #2. Since we will be using ADF we don't really define the
> underpinnings, even though it is using J2EE "stuff". How worries do I
> need to be about this automated code? Is the ADF stuff too heavey
> weight?

You don't need to worry about it being too heavy. Oracle E-Business Suite is using this technology stack (UIX and ADF Business Components) so if Oracle is trusting this technology for their applications, you can trust it too.

> #3. JSF (Java server faces)... is ADF doing what JSF will soon be
> doing?

UIX is similar to JSF - and in fact will evolve to become the JSF implementation from Oracle. But UIX now has many more components than what JSF offers.
Check out the JDeveloper page on OTN for more info. For JSF and a Statment of Direction for UIX check out: http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/jsf.html Received on Tue Jul 27 2004 - 13:09:54 CDT