Re: weird type of outer join... matching only 1 row ??

From: Cip <dafunk2001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Jul 2004 22:48:59 -0700

Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com> wrote in message news:<NNxLc.16572$ih7.8616_at_newssvr23.news.prodigy.com>...
> While this will fix your immediate issue, I would think that you have a
> referential integrity problem if you have a "child" table that is missing it's
> "parent". Don't you need to fix that problem before you try to solve the
> "select" issue...

Haha... of course...

I am an app developer at work so I keep telling people that its not my responsibility if the data is messed up.

Basically I am doing Claims/Policies matching, and a lot of Claims (children) have no Policies (parents) for them!!

Yet my bosses/users still want it to "work" somehow. So I am using the solution pointed out before...

It works, even though users get stuff like: Gender "Null" has a Claim of "1,000" dollars...

good stuff. Received on Tue Jul 27 2004 - 00:48:59 CDT