Re: Oracle 10G for Solaris x86

From: Dave <david.sharples3_at_ntlXworld.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:53:22 GMT

"Mladen Gogala" <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:pan.2004.07.25.17.24.52.749425_at_sbcglobal.net...
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 14:54:19 +0200, Wolfgang Maron wrote:
>

> > Niall,
> >
> > "> in that case either edit the configuration file (IIRC it is
> > oraparam.ini)
> >> and add your version, or run with -ignoreSysPrereqs which will skip the
> >> pre-requisite checks.
> >>
> >> Naturally in either case you will end up with an install on an
> >> unsupported platform - this might be fine for testing - I wouldn't
> >> recommend
> > production
> >> without support.
> >>
> > with the ignore option I have successfully installed and started the
> > Oracle10g on Solaris10-x86. No errors or warnings.
> >
> > Wolfgang
>

> The whole *.ini file hacking could have been avoided by using
> -IGNORESYSPREREQS argument on the command line. Of course, the asthetic
> aspects of typing so long command line arument are equally questionable as
> the ones of hacking.
>
> --
> A city is a large community where people are lonesome together.

That ignoresysprereqs was waht he used. Anyway, the ignore thing also ignores memory checks and other system checks, even though u might want to avoid them after, they are worth noting when you install (even if it is of testing anyway)

Thats why I prefer editing the .ini file Received on Sun Jul 25 2004 - 14:53:22 CDT