Re: Control File Sequential Read - top wait

From: David Fitzjarrell <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 25 Jul 2004 09:51:35 -0700

"omlet" <notrolls_at_notrolls.omlet.org.notrolls> wrote in message news:<f9f706273c861a5ebc66d9dfe3ff90b1_at_localhost.talkaboutdatabases.com>...
> Ok; control files are not the first; you have attacked OMLET use of shared
> cursors set to FORCE. My answer was and still eat sh** and shut up;
> because there may be may be someone who knows slightly more than you.

Most certainly there are people who know more than I do, and, not surprisingly, they all concur with my evaluation of the cursor_sharing=force fiasco. To make one or two queries 'better' you risk generating ORA-00600 errors and creating far more of a mess by changing current query plans that may be quite efficient. And, such responses still do not prove any of the libelous statements you've made concerning me and my career, statements archived on this newsgroup and accessed by my attorneys.

> Well let me make another bet: Do you know what you have in common with
> opiosq, opicca, opiexe, opifch or kernel calls kkspsc, kksumc, kkspfx,
> kkspin?
>
> the first four are the dicks that banged you shared azz; the last four are
> the ones that banged your mother cusorit.

Interesting use of vulgarity. Of course, I choose to write so that anyone may read and understand. And the vulgar mind is a weak mind, and you are certainly showing your weakness with this wondrous post.

> Actually sharing such a shared objects
> - requires shared lock;
> - creation of a kgl object;
> - pinning the name's object heap zero in shared mode
> -- might require checking if there is some context area that could be
> used by this dick, by pinning the child objects, one by one, and seeing if
> are also fuckable or usable.
> -- release the pin locks
> - pin the parent heap zero in exclusive mode, create new child marked as
> not bind-qualified; lock the child kglob in breakable shared mode, release
> the parent pin lock, parse; release the pin lock and object lock on the
> child
> - bind all bind variables
> - pin parent heap zero in shared mode; check all matching children by
> pinning their heap zero to see if any is fuckable or reusable byu this
> dick.
>
> do the above till your mother cursorit is willing and dripping; lock it in
> breakable-share mode.
>
> on every dip, pin in S mode; do cleanups; if the dick slips signal an
> error if mid-fetch;
>
> keep doing this till you and your mama scream.

With explanations like this it is no wonder why OMLET needs cursor_sharing=force.

> Woho; what an overhead with this crappy PLSQL (untyped)
>
> Or of course you can set cursor sharing to force and gang bang the
> hookers!

Which apparently you do with frequency. Of course such behaviour has no place in a relational database.

> Disclaimer: This is not related to any product whatsoever;
> all names are fictional and do not relate to any real life objects

Your 'disclaimer' in no way absolves you of responsibility for the prior libelous statements you've made against me. You've made your bed, now you'll need to lie in it. Of course, lying is what you do best, so this shouldn't be a difficult task.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sun Jul 25 2004 - 11:51:35 CDT