Re: Ping Tommy The Thief and Chucknozzle the Paedophile

From: Peter J Ross <gadfly_at_NOSPAMmeow.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:25:45 GMT

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 06:18:41 -0700, Aratzio wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 05:26:52 GMT, Peter J Ross <gadfly_at_NOSPAMmeow.org>
> transparently proposed:
> <SNIP>
>> Tom Bishop and Chuck Lysaght plagiarising in a tree, F-U-C-K-I-N-G.
>>
>> P.S. Michael Cook is to graphics what Eric Clapton was to guitar,
>> i.e., a GOD.
>
> Now Peter,
> Claptoon is a fine guitar player but most assuredly overrated.

True. I was thinking of all the "Clapton is God" graffiti in the 60s.

> Sit
> down and listen to T-Bone Walker or Freddie King to see where Claptoon
> learned to play. Then find some J. B. Hutto, Hubert Sumlin, Luther
> 'Snake' Johnson, Luther Allison, Buddy Guy or any of the other first
> or second generation electric blues guitar players and give them a
> listen. But all those guitar players built upon the Acoustic pre-war
> players like Tommy Johnson, Robert Johnson or Blind Lemon Jefferson
> (yep another blind one).

I didn't recognise all the names. Thanks. I'd add Blind Willie McTell to my presonal pre-electric lits.

> The Michael Cook reference is quite correct. Very funny also.

And Tommy is spanked and chuckles is melting down nicely. That's teh kind of thing I come to Usenet to see.

> 'Ratz
>
> PS Chet Atkins was the greatest guitar player not Jimi or Eric.

I've never quite worked out how people with only five fingers can play on six strings, so almost anything impresses me.

--
PJR :-)
alt.usenet.kooks award-winners and FAQs:

(Remove NOSPAM to reply.)