query help

From: Tao <gordon_t_wu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jul 2004 18:41:47 -0700

Hi experts,

I know its probably a simple query, but I've spent a long time on it and could not figure it out.

I'm trying to select distinct fieldA in the table, such that fieldB is smallest within each fieldA. Suppose the table has following rows:

P_Key fieldA fieldB

1     1      5
2     1      4
3     2      4
4     2      3

The result of the query would look like:

P_Key fieldA fieldB

2     1      4
4     2      3

Appreciate your time

FA Received on Fri Jul 23 2004 - 20:41:47 CDT