Re: Oracle 9iAS vs Oracle 10g AS

From: John Smith <linux_email2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jul 2004 09:58:04 -0700

Well, I say I am interested in the J2EE portion because we currently have an Oracle 9iAS license and all 9i databases except for one which is 10g. We do not currently have a 10g AS license. However, I am instructed to use Jdeveloper 10g, I have built some sample apps using JDeveloper 10g specific (ADF-UIX) and have not had any issues so far hitting a 9i database (in the dev environment). However, I am curious whether we are reaping the REAL benefits if the database is not 10g. So I guess the better question is, are the AS upgrades (as in J2EE 1.4 compliant) really separate from the 10g database?

Thoughts?