Re: When to use packages?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:49:59 -0700

NetComrade wrote:

> Our application(s) are very dynamic in terms of being 'always in
> development'.

No excuse. Clean up your development environment.

  Packages sometimes become invalid, b/c they depend on
> objects that might've changed (e.g. column added, view rebuilt).

Then develop processes and methologies.

> Aside from criticism for modifying production database

Why do you think your team deserves anything but heaps and piles of derisive criticism for perfecting bad practices?

But to answer your queestion ... when to use packages? ... Always.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Jul 22 2004 - 00:49:59 CDT