10g Grid and Cluster on single node

From: Mr. Chow Wing Siu <wschow_at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK>
Date: 22 Jul 2004 04:42:13 GMT

Hi,

I wanna install a single node Grid (for testing) on Whitebox Linux.

  1. I prepared one registry raw partition and one voting disk partition.
  2. I configure the public and private address and ssh two addresses well.
  3. No database or instance in that node. Just prepare 2 ASM disks.
  4. I run ./runInstaller in crs dir.
  5. I answer the questions and start to install.
  6. When I want to run root.sh by root, it hangs on CRS daemon starts.

Checking to see if Oracle CRS stack is already up... Setting the permissions on OCR backup directory Oracle Cluster Registry configuration upgraded successfully

WARNING: directory '/home/oracle/product/10.1.0' is not owned by root
WARNING: directory '/home/oracle/product' is not owned by root
WARNING: directory '/home/oracle' is not owned by root
clscfg: EXISTING configuration version 2 detected. clscfg: version 2 is 10G Release 1.
clscfg: Arguments check out successfully.

NO KEYS WERE WRITTEN. Supply -force parameter to override.
-force is destructive and will destroy any previous cluster
configuration.
Oracle Cluster Registry for cluster has already been initialized Adding daemons to inittab
Preparing Oracle Cluster Ready Services (CRS): Expecting the CRS daemons to be up within 600 seconds.

7. I ignore it and continue to install crs, but fails.

The question is: what's wrong?

The next question is: is it correct to install CRS before installing the database?

--

Johnson Chow Received on Wed Jul 21 2004 - 23:42:13 CDT