10g Grid and Cluster on single node

From: Mr. Chow Wing Siu <wschow_at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK>
Date: 22 Jul 2004 04:28:35 GMT

Hi,

I wanna install a single node Grid (for testing) on Whitebox Linux.

  1. I prepared one registry raw partition and one voting disk partition.
  2. I configure the public and private address and ssh two addresses well.
  3. No database or instance in that node. Just prepare 2 ASM disks.
  4. I run ./runInstaller in crs dir.
  5. I answer the questions and start to install.
  6. When I want to run root.sh by root, it hangs on CSS daemon starts.
  7. I ignore it and continue to install crs, but fails.

The question is: what's wrong?

The next question is: is it correct to install CRS before installing the database?

--
Johnson Chow