Re: Oracle 9iAS vs Oracle 10g AS

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:23:45 GMT

John Smith wrote:

> I was wondering if there is any real difference between 9i AS and 10g
> AS for J2EE developers. From what I have read most of the changes
> between the two are stricly on the database side and 10g AS now
> supports J2EE 1.4 (but 9i AS can be upgraded as well). Am I over
> simplifying iut or am I missing something?
>
> Regards

Realize - Oracle Application Server 10g is version 9.0.4. So when you say '9i AS can be upgraded', you are actualy saying 'moved to 10g'.

Some of the other benefits:

More than that is available from the fine, but overwhelming, docco at http://docs.oracle.com

/Hans Received on Wed Jul 21 2004 - 18:23:45 CDT