Re: 10g database dev edition available on CD?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:57:29 +0100

"Sybrand Bakker" <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl> wrote in message news:7gntf0hvuakbv9gtd38balerfj9uprs8a7_at_4ax.com...
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:27:51 +0100, Jeremy
> <newspostings_at_hazelweb.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >In article <k9WdnaA_uI6nX2PdRVn-iQ_at_mho.net>, Bob Arnold says...
> >>
> >> Again, thanks for your responses. I've reverted to a more humble,
two-fold plan:
> >> 1) accomplish the original download, using a resumable download
product, over a period
> >> of a week or so, and 2) begin a concerted study of Oracle's licensing
structure.

> >I think 2) will take longer than 1) ;)
>
> And the results will depend on the quarter of the American fiscal year
> you are currently in.

In my experience the licensing "structure" does not change more than once every 2 years (nor sadly less than once every 4). The particular deal available from a sales guy on the other hand.

Or put another way. The licensing terms at the store site are the licensing terms - unless you can do better.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA