Re: REe: OMLET: The Ultimate Oracle Monitoring Tool

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2004 13:55:09 -0700

Bricklen <bricklen-rem_at_yahoo.comz> wrote in message news:<LhhLc.100045$eO.91211_at_edtnps89>...
> David Fitzjarrell wrote:
>
> > "omlet" <notrolls_at_notrolls.omlet.org.notrolls> wrote in message news:<11810016f083fbc7a2384956382dcc2c_at_localhost.talkaboutdatabases.com>...
> >
> >>You must be a sorry soul?! ...
> >>

> > You obviously have that reversed, as the only sorry soul in these
> > exchanges is you.
> >

> >>I am told you cannot use vi ...
> >

> > And, obviously, you're not familiar with the adage "don't believe
> > everything you hear". Or read, as your posts will attest. Back up
> > your senseless bleatings with verifiable facts and maybe, just maybe,
> > someone will finally take you seriously. That is, if you haven't
> > irreparably damaged your less than stellar reputation already.
> >
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> Why not just ignore this repetitive troll?

Because he keeps spamming. We don't want to give anyone the idea that they can spam here with impunity, otherwise many will jump on the bandwagon. It's not like there's no place to post spam: cdo.marketplace is there for a reason.

Ignoring trolls _is_ generally the best idea, as the reward for a "good troll" is lots of noise, but this is a special case where the troll is trolling more spam. So we have to play until he gets a job or bored or figures out he is hurting himself or something. If he is indeed living in his parent's basement in Jordan that could be a looong time.

And of course, some of the personal nastiness is beyond mere trolling and needs to be answered, as this is all archived publicly. If someone said you did specific things in your work to mess up former employers, would you want to let it go unchallenged? Even a rumor can block you from some jobs without you ever knowing why, and people believe the most ridiculous things just because "it is on the computer."

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Happy Big 80, Don Knotts.  You incredible limpet, you!