sqlldr lock while delete

From: Bob <rgants_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: 21 Jul 2004 07:16:06 -0700

Thanks in advance,

I am developing a prototype near real time system and have run into a problem. I have several servers sending messages via a socket to a central server every 30 seconds. This central server accepts a clients request and forks a child to handle it. The end result is processed data file that sqlldr loads into the database. This all works fine in fact flawless.

The problem is that I need to run maintenance SQL and specifically I need to trim or delete all of the previous days data. This where the problem occurs. The SQL runs (PL/SQL job) locks the table and prevents sqlldr from loading data. I end up with a message from sqlldr saying

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-00054: resource busy and acquier with NOWAIT specified

I'm not sure how to prevent this or even if its possible? Any ideas or work arounds? Received on Wed Jul 21 2004 - 09:16:06 CDT