Re: Questioning Oracle Documentation

From: Matt <mathewbutler_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2004 02:56:59 -0700

Interesting.

Have a read of:

 http://otn.oracle.com/tech/pl_sql/files/CodeOrder.zip

I guess that it is something to do with the fact that a character cannot have an overflow exception raised and so the compiler can make some additional optimisations not available when manipulating the number datatype.

Like I said, I guess.

I'm interested to find out what people think of the paper.

Mat.