Re: oracle - mysql comparison

From: Dan <guntermannxxx_at_verizon.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 03:55:22 GMT

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1090378462.109262_at_yasure...
> VC wrote:
>
> > "Alex Filonov" <afilonov_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>"VC" <boston103_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >>I've said in another post that it's a crappy example. A little bit more
on
> >>that.
> >

> > You are attacking a strawman -- the design is not what's being discussed
> > here, concurrency control/consistency is...
> > VC
>
> The problem here VC, as I see it, is that you need to go take a decent
> class on database architecture. You meet with ease the criteria to wear
> the button that says "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

Where was VC wrong? Where is the refutation of his argument? Name calling only makes you look bad, and my sons did it when they were five years old and were frustrated that they couldn't get their way.

VC was absolutely correct and was perfectly behaved in his discussion with you. I wish I could stomach the B.S. as well as he did. You should *not* be teaching anything if you claim to know general principles of good database design or the relational model and drag it into your discussions of low level Oracle instance configuration settings.