Re: connecting automatically as sys

From: jonathan <ttyp32000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Jul 2004 19:13:57 -0700

> Apparently it can't be done as a regular DBA with appropriate ROLE and
> PRIVILEDGE considerations, can't be done using DBMS_JOBS, probably can't be
> done using some form of UTL_FILE or EXTPROC or External tables or Contexts
> or FGAC. And you need this specific mechanism .... hmmmm

well, it can't be done as regular DBA because regular dba does not have permissions to create a function owned by sys. And it has to be automatable - command line driven and executable via a script, hence it would be very nice that the command was stored in the file system, not the database. And it has to be cross-version.

Those are my only three conditions; sqlplus is a common denominator so hence I thought I would start there. I'm not familiar with UTL_FILE or EXTPROC or external tables or contexts or FGAC; perhaps you could elaborate.

jon Received on Tue Jul 20 2004 - 21:13:57 CDT