Re: database link, dynamic sql and stored procedure

From: Marco Toci <m.toci_at_amnesty.it>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:57:52 +0000 (UTC)

"Sybrand Bakker" <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl> wrote in message news:i30of092q9jlpqok5sjf1a88fps9olmlei_at_4ax.com

> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:04:15 +0000 (UTC), "Marco Toci"
> <m.toci_at_amnesty.it> wrote:
>
> >instead of execute immediate, but i have the same errors. what can i do?
>

> Make sure the link name equals the global database name of the remote
> database. Check the global database with select * from global_names at
> the remote database.

in this case "emdb" is the global database name. For testing purposes i'm using the same server, trying to estabilish a loopback link from a schema to another.

so if i try

create database link emdb connect to ipb_stage identified by mypwd using 'ORACLE2'; i obtain

ORA-02082: a loopback database link must have a connection qualifier

and if i try

create database link emdb_at_cv_forum connect to ipb_stage identified by mypwd using 'ORACLE2';

i can create the link, but when i use it in the execute immediate statement, i have the error messages i described in my other posts

(the database link is not pubblic, because the user that created it is the same user that will execute the stored procedure... could this be the problem?)

any suggestion?
many thanks :)