Re: Connection tunneling

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:42:38 +0200

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, KasztelaNn wrote:

> > > I think SSH, Ora.Conn.Manager etc. are not suitable solutions becuse
> there
> > > is no access to Oracle Server from WEB.
> > >
> > > I think that topology must be configured in this way:
> > >
> > > C1 -> WS <- C2 -> S
> > >
> > > C1 - client in LAN 1
> > > WS - web server (proxy)
> > > C2 - client in LAN 2
> > > S - Oracle Server
> WS has NO access to S, because S is IN LAN and does not 'see' Internet (no
> public IP).
> WS is not 'classic' web server it is just host (Windows) with public IP
> address - I can install
> there something.
> WS has also NO access to C2, which is in LAN without public IP. So, C2 can
> connect
> (initiate connection) to WS, but WS cannot connect to C2.

It still looks possible using ssh tunnels. Try to make a ssh tunnel that connects C2 and WS and one that connects C2 and S. The local ports on C2 need to be the same (output port -> listen port). Doing so enables access from WS to S using a tunnel over C2.
On this very moment I am connected to a database running inside a LAN having a non routeble ip address using a tunnel over a machine that is behind a nat firewall. It looks a bit the same. ( I am working on a machine in an other lan where I have a private IP that is also not routeble over the internet) see:
http://www.akadia.com/services/ssh_install_and_use.html http://csociety.ecn.purdue.edu/~sigos/projects/ssh/forwarding/

met vriendeljike groeten/with kind regards, Ronald Rood

http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle Received on Tue Jul 20 2004 - 03:42:38 CDT