Re: oracle - mysql comparison

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:36:06 -0700

michael newport wrote:

> ....strength - meaning, Ingres does anything that Oracle can.
>
> CA have seen the light and are taking Ingres OpenSource.
>
> The DB market is saturated with products that can do the job.
>
> The advantage now is that a major database will be free of charge.
>
> Regards
> Mike

So Ingres has equivalent functionality to RAC? How about InterMedia? How about Range-Hash partitioning? System triggers? DDL triggers? Packages? User defined operators? Advanced Queueing? User defined locks? User defined index types? I'd keep going but I think you get the point.

Sure you meant "anything"?

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Jul 20 2004 - 00:36:06 CDT