Re: Oracel database consolidation criteria

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:00:16 GMT

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Demetris wrote:

>> Hello there!
>> I am trying to put together a list with criteria which are considered
>> important for consolidating Oracle Database Servers.
>> If someone can write something here it will be very helpful.
>> thanks you very much

> Short list:
> Licensing cost
> Impact on backup and recovery
> Hardware downtime
> Versioning of Oracle binaries
> Security
> Stability
> Performance
>
> Daniel Morgan

Tune OS and I/O subsystem to the needs of Oracle database.

Separate application tier from database tier. (Many vendors default to having the app's 'middle tier' on the database server, results in tuning compromise).

Merge databases by using schemas effectively.

/Hans Received on Mon Jul 19 2004 - 18:00:16 CDT