Database won't start Automatic, balks at datafile mount

From: Purity Control <puritycontr0L_at_netscape.net>
Date: 19 Jul 2004 11:53:31 -0700

I have a Windows NT server with two v7.3.4 databases. Both are set to start automatic. On reboot, only one database starts. The other starts the background processes and hangs. It never mounts the database files.

Registry entries for both databases look much the same.

I have tried deleting the Windows services and recreating with Oradim several times, without success. It's always the same database that balks. I can delete and recreate the services for the other (well behaved) database and it consistently autostarts.

After a reboot, I use svrmgr23 to start the one database that refuses to autostart and it opens normally.

Is there anything left to try or this a lost cause?

Thank you. Received on Mon Jul 19 2004 - 13:53:31 CDT