Re: oracle 10G for windows, strange PATH problem leading to wrong executable versions

From: MattyD <mattdee_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2004 10:45:04 -0700

flavio_at_tin.it (FC) wrote in message news:<2bd78ddf.0407190119.f43e0ad_at_posting.google.com>...
> "Dave" <david.sharples3_at_ntlXworld.com> wrote in message news:<HUCKc.617$rm4.554_at_newsfe6-win.ntli.net>...
> > open up a dos prompt
> >
> > echo %PATH%
> >
> > whats it say
>

> There is little point in displaying the PATH value as it's been
> modified after I've changed the oracle home order in the OUI
> environment tab.
>
> I was just asking if anyone else had this problem, I've already fixed
> it on my own.
>
> Thanks,
> Flavio

Launch the 10g Installer, click Installed Pooducts button, Click the Environment Tab and move the proper Oracle Home to be 1st in the list. This <i>SHOULD</i> take care of your Path problems. You might want to disable the 8i and 9i TNS Listeners or PUT in a TNS_ADMIN system variable to point to <ORACLE_10GHOME>\network\admin...

Cheers,
Matt Received on Mon Jul 19 2004 - 12:45:04 CDT