Re: Connection tunneling

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:07:58 +0200

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, KasztelaNn wrote:
> I think SSH, Ora.Conn.Manager etc. are not suitable solutions becuse there
> is no access to Oracle Server from WEB.
>
> I think that topology must be configured in this way:
>
> C1 -> WS <- C2 -> S
>
> C1 - client in LAN 1
> WS - web server (proxy)
> C2 - client in LAN 2
> S - Oracle Server
>
> WS cannot connect directly to S, but C2 can connect to WS and to S, so maybe
> it can works as some kind of proxy.

It depends on what type of client you run on C2. Normally one would expect a web browser that accesses WS. Normally WS would access S. In that setup tunneling is no problem at all. Just give the WS the entry point of an ssh tunnel (connect to localhost:XXXX) put the tunnel through to the listener address on S.
Maybe C2 runs a fat java application that is able to connect both WS and S. Possible but likely ? I don't know.

regards,
Ronald.

http://ronr.nl/unix-dba Received on Mon Jul 19 2004 - 06:07:58 CDT