Restore / Import

From: Deon <deon_at_usa.net>
Date: 18 Jul 2004 18:25:02 -0700

I am running Oracle 9i on Win2003 and am trying to restore a database that was backed up from a Unix environment. I am far from a Oracle expert just know a few commands to get around so please be gentile on me.

I am using the following commands

create user dbo_UT identified by dbo1;
grant dba to dbo_UT;
alter user dbo_UT default tablespace users;

After creating the user and table space I run the flowing

imp userid=system/please file=dbname.dmp fromuser=dbo touser=dbo_UT

this does not always work more often fails with a null error that it can not import. But some times it does work. I have found that if I replace the dbname.dmp file with a fresh copy before I start it is more likely to work however this is no longer the case.

The database is fairly large about 890 Meg can anyone offer me any advise

DMn Received on Sun Jul 18 2004 - 20:25:02 CDT