Re: wait events made WITHIN/BETWEEN database calls

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 07:38:36 -0500

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:40:45 +0900, "Joe" <yung103_at_netvigator.com> wrote:

>I am reading the Optimizing Oracle Performance from O'reilly.
Written by Cary Millsap. That's the book Sybrand was referring to. The one many of us have on our desks at the moment. The one whose author replied to your op.

>In the book, it says

<lengthy snippage>

Good grief! You had time to key all that in?

>I have highlighted the related sentences in red.

Which doesn't come through on a text-only newsgroup --- at least not with text-only news readers.