ORA-12541, but listener IS running

From: fred <fred_at_computrition.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2004 11:27:14 -0700

Just built a new linux box, installed a 10g database. I CAN connect to it using sqlplus when run on that very box.

But from any other client machine I get the dreaded 12541, no listener, error.

But the listener is running. netstat -a shows port 1521 listening. the listener shows in "ps ax | grep oracle". "lsnrctl status" says it is running.

The linux firewall IS DISABLED. "/etc/rc.d/init.d/ipfilter status" shows that it is not running.

running nmap against that machine from another linux box does NOT show port 1521 being open. running it against another oracle server does show it open.

So, someone, somewhere, is blocking access to 1521 on the new box, but I can't figure out who/what/where. Suggestions please? Received on Thu Jul 15 2004 - 13:27:14 CDT