Re: REe: OMLET: The Ultimate Oracle Monitoring Tool

From: Steve Howard <stephen.howard_at_us.pwcglobal.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2004 05:54:22 -0700

Has anyone actually downloaded this thing? No matter if he/she is spamming or not, I fear he/she is _extremely_ late to the party. It looked fairly basic too. People are beter off to the use OEM, which is actually supported by a real company.

I used to try to reinvent the wheel too, which I still argue is a useful learning tool. I remember writing an Excel based tool with ODBC about seven years ago, and then a java based one four years or so ago. Useful for me, yes. But marketable?

Do we really need another java based database montitoring tool? Aren't there like 50,000 of these things out there?

Like I said, I don't appreciate the spamming, either. But even given that, the product appeared to be essentially worthless, or at least extremely far-flung in terms of alternatives.

My .002

Steve Received on Thu Jul 15 2004 - 07:54:22 CDT