Re: 10g Web Application Server Control quite slow - normal?

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:08:13 +0200

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Am Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:27:28 +0200 schrieb Ronald Rood:
>
> > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> >> I installed 10g AS on a RedHat EL 3 ES system. Is it normal, that the web
> >> control thing (http://server:1810/) takes quite some time to react?
> >>
> >> ias_admin username/password. Then it takes about 2 minutes until the
> >> first screen is shown (the server is in a LAN and just 2 hops away from
> >> Is that normal?
> >
> > No, that is not normal but it depends on the hardware.
>
> Single HT Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
> 4 GiB RAM
>
> > Do you have memory installed ?
>
> "Some" ;)

Should be sufficient. I run on Solaris with less than half of the memory, about a quarter of the cpu speed and have reasonable performance. It the memory ok ? Memory can have errors, enough to slowdown the system to a crawl but not bad enough to crash it.

Ronald.

http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle Received on Thu Jul 15 2004 - 04:08:13 CDT