Re: oracle9i and 10G Installation on Redhat Linux 9

From: stic <stefantura_at_klub.chip.pl>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:33:31 +0200

Uzytkownik "Prem K Mehrotra" <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:43441e77.0407140726.7c34e9d7_at_posting.google.com...
> I want to install both Oracle9i and Oracle10G on my desktop. I have
> redhat linux 9.0 already installed. I read Howard Roger's web site and
> it refers downgrading glibc to glibc 2.3.2-5 (at least for Oracle9i).
> I presume downgraded glibc will work both for Oracle9i and Oraclee10
> unless both versions of glibc can be on the same Linux.

For 10g there is no needed I assume (I don't have to do it, anyway), and try this 10g if you can - 9i I good but there is a lot of problems during installation... (this one is the small one ;-)

> Another question is where do I download 2.2.2.5 rpm for glibc. I did
> search on Yahoo as well as on www.gnu.org but could not find it.
> Where are the rpm downloads available for Linux Redhat 9 for free. I
> did look at www.redhat.com but could not find the information.

Try this gcc_old rpm - it is somewhere on the ftp.suse.com - in lastes directories...