Re: Migrating from Enterprise Edn to Std Edn

From: stic <stefantura_at_klub.chip.pl>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:29:34 +0200

Uzytkownik "Thomas" <manojtom007_at_yahoo.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:65182aad.0407141338.71aa60ab_at_posting.google.com...
> How can I migrate one of my databases (9i/Linux) from the current
> Enterprise edition to Std Edn..
>
> The only Solution I saw was to do export and import.. any one know of
> any other way?

Yeap,
Pass data/users/indexes/all others obyects you really need, between two instances of Oracle - but this work only if you don't rellay on any partition/spatial form Ent. I wonder why but this doesn't work if I used Ent. special elements (which are st Std. too, but I couldn't manage to move one database setting to the other...)

Hope it could give a ray of light to your problem

Anyway exp / imp I the best solution, with Direct Path, even the speedest I know.

--
best regards
stic