Re: Oracle 10G: Grid Control Install Problems. 64 Bit Windows

From: Louis Frolio <froliol_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Jul 2004 06:56:19 -0700

johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net (John Hurley) wrote in message news:<d4d6f278.0407121126.463f91a3_at_posting.google.com>...
> You are correct the grid control is out for most(all?) unix platforms
> including linux but not yet out for windows. Lots of forum questions
> open in oracle support asking when windows grid will be out no answers
> so would guess you won't hear anything more back.
>
> Sure seems like oracle doc is saying you need to install 10g agent on
> any nodes you want to monitor.

Dan, I got info back from Oracle support on this issue. If you want to manage remote servers you can use dbconsole but this is limited. If you want to set up event monitoring (which is what I need to do) you need the grid control piece which is not slated for release on WinBlows until October sometime. So there it is.

L Received on Wed Jul 14 2004 - 08:56:19 CDT