Re: oracle OCP books

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 14 Jul 2004 05:32:23 -0700

Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<FFZIc.50727$eO.10415_at_edtnps89>...
> Jerry Maguire wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Can anyone put me in the right direction for the OCP resources, exam
> > braindumps and the books?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Kapil
>
> http://docs.oracle.com (specifically the Concepts) and
> http://www.selftestsoftware.com
>
> 99% of the OCP related books are full of holes and myths so don't bother.
>
> (The exams also encourage the myths, but - since you are planning on getting
> your OCP - that is irrelevant.)

i found the sybex books overall to be the best. to grasp the material you really should back it up by checking the free documentation also(you do not need to buy lots of books)

for architecture skim relavent parts of the concepts doc backup and recovery -- backup and recovery doc networking -- networking doc
etc...

performance tuning test is filled with inaccuracies. BTW, you should do sql and then the architecture test first. They touch on what is in the rest of the tests so it will be easier. Received on Wed Jul 14 2004 - 07:32:23 CDT