Re: OPS? RAC? Other?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:58:06 GMT

Daniel Morgan wrote:

>> At one time there was discussion of RAC operational in a 50 (wire)Mile
>> radius, allowing campus and even city-wide RAC.

> Given the way cache fusion works ... even a copper wire three feet long
> is a challenge. Wireless to me would be ridiculous. The only way I could
> see remote RAC would be if you could string a single piece of fiber
> between the facilities.

I believe the discussion was based on fibre and thus resulted in the 50 mile limit.

(There was no mention of wireless in my post - don't understand why you mention it. The 'wire' qualifier was to ensure that radial distance is not equated with actual transmission distance.) Received on Tue Jul 13 2004 - 19:58:06 CDT