Re: sqlplus fails with SID /TNSNAME ( insufficient priveleges )

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2004 16:03:17 -0700

ramprasad <ramprasad.ap_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:<GULIc.1$KC5.106_at_news.oracle.com>...
> Hello everyone,
>

> When I connect to my oracle database using
> export ORACLE_SID=words
> sqlplus 'sys/ram as sysdba'
> It works fine
>
> but when I use
>
> sqlplus 'sys/ram_at_words as sydba'
> ERROR:
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>
> My listener is working fine. I verified using lsnrctl status.
>
> Funny thing is the same setup was working find until yesterday, but
> there was no data in the database. Today I created the tables and loaded
> the data , now I am getting this error after restarting the database.
>
> Thanks
> Ram

You need to tell us things like the version of Oracle you are using, what platform you are on and what os login you are using.

Gazing into my crystal ball, I think you do not understand spfiles and perhaps two_task.

Not working with the @words might indicate you are not allowing remote authentication, which is probably a good thing.

http://members.cox.net/oracleunix/readme-cdos.htm

jg

--