Re: Enabling Java support

From: Can <no_at_spam.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:54:00 GMT

"Sybrand Bakker" <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ohh5f0lec8gn946rjo2ag3140cuvcpctgp_at_4ax.com...
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:10:08 GMT, "Can" <no_at_spam.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Which scripts do I have to run, in order to get procedures in the
dbms_java
> >package to work?
> >
> >I ran $ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install/initjvm.sql and
> >$ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install/catjvm.sql, set java_pool_size to 24 MB, and
set
> >following env. variables:
> >
> >export JAVA_HOME="$ORACLE_HOME/jre/1.4.2"
> >export PATH="$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin"
> >export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$JAVA_HOME/lib"
> >export CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH:$JAVA_HOME/lib"
> >
> >But as soon as I call an oracle script that relies on dbms_java.loadjava
> >(e.g. $ORACLE_HOME/xdk/admin/initxml.sql), the script throws the error
> >ORA-03113 (End of file on communication channel).
> >
> >So I guess I forgot to run a script, or change some configuration? Can
> >anyone help?
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >
> >Can Oezdemir
> >

> Likely this is version specific problem, as ora-3113 can be about
> anything, and usually is not being caused by forgetting to run a
> script. Not including the version (you know those few digits and dots)
> will not get you any useful answers.

Ooops, yeah right: Oracle 10g, RC1 on a FC2 Linux machine.

I still think there is some configuration issue...perhaps I shouldn't have run those scripts as user SYS. Or I ran them as a different user yesterday and reran them as SYS today...or they depend on anything other than catproc.sql and catalog.sql.

Well, whatever: any help is appreciated :)

kind regards,

        Can Oezdemir Received on Mon Jul 12 2004 - 12:54:00 CDT