Re: Spatial Insert Performance

From: <ctcgag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Jul 2004 16:21:12 GMT

Peter Sylvester <peters_no_spam_please_at_mitre.org> wrote:
> Some additional info...
>
> I've attached below the top portion of a trace file (event 10046 level 8)
> from a 5000 row insert test. Seems like a portion of time is spent
> accessing SDO views (10.73s) and maintaining the index table (4.53s).
>
> But that still leaves quite a bit of time unaccounted for (37.96s) out of
> the total 53.22s elapsed time...

I guess the first two questions would be whether anything else is going on on the server at the same time, and whether extprocs are eating a substantial amount of CPU time. I don't believe that CPU time spent in extprocs gets accounted for in a trace file.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB