Re: Oracle 10G: Grid Control Install Problems. 64 Bit Windows

From: Louis Frolio <froliol_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2004 05:46:50 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1089503266.493840_at_yasure>...
> Louis Frolio wrote:
>
> > Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1089441345.918932_at_yasure>...

> >>TTBOMK: Grid control is NOT on the Windows CD. OEM may be ... but grid
> >>control is not.
> >>
> >>Daniel Morgan
> >

> > When you are wrong you are wrong and I was wrong. My humblle
> > apologies. You are right, OEM is on the same cd but grid control is
> > not. I am fumbling my way through the install now.
> >
> > Regards, Louis.
>
> No need to apologize. Oracle has done a terrible job of explaining what
> OEM, RAC, and GRID are and how they relate.
>
> Daniel Morgan

Daniel, you are right in that Oracle has done a terrible job explaining all of this. I still don't know if I can use one server running 10g and oem to manage several nodes running several instances of Oracle? The only thing I have been able to do so far is get OEM to manage the node on which it lives, I cannot seem to find the ability to add targets etc? This is all on Windows. I opened an iTar, hopefully but doubtfully an analyist at Oracle support will be able to make heads or tails of this for me.

Uggh!

Louis Received on Sun Jul 11 2004 - 07:46:50 CDT