Oracle FAQ Your Portal to the Oracle Knowledge Grid
HOME | ASK QUESTION | ADD INFO | SEARCH | E-MAIL US
 

Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.server -> Re: Oracle 10G: Grid Control Install Problems. 64 Bit Windows

Re: Oracle 10G: Grid Control Install Problems. 64 Bit Windows

From: Louis Frolio <froliol_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Jul 2004 16:46:35 -0700
Message-ID: <94c28610.0407101546.71f52ec4@posting.google.com>


fitzjarrell_at_cox.net (David Fitzjarrell) wrote in message news:<9711ade0.0407092002.534426f6_at_posting.google.com>...
> froliol_at_yahoo.com (Louis Frolio) wrote in message news:<94c28610.0407081847.12b993f0_at_posting.google.com>...
> > Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1089260183.508875_at_yasure>...
> > > Mr. Chow Wing Siu wrote:
> > >
> > > > Louis Frolio <froliol_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >>Greetings All, my server is windows 2003 standard edition 64 bit. I
> > > >>sucessfully installed 10g 32 bit. When I try to build out a database
> > > >>and OEM (grid control) it never inititates, it just dies. When I get
> > > >>to the last screen before I have to click the "FINISH" button the DB
> > > >>configuration tool window just closes and nothing gets done? Has
> > > >>anyone had this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > > >>Louis
> > > >
> > > > ------------------------
> > > >
> > > > I have the same problem (Grid Control) on 32 bit windows.
> > > > The option is dimmed and the management serivce and agent
> > > > is not found. I think that the OEM (grid contol) is not
> > > > released yet for windows in the following url.
> > > >
> > > > http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oem/index.html
> > > >
> > > > Please give ideas.
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Johnson Chow
> > >
> > > My guess would be because neither of you has installed grid control.
> > >
> > > First grid control is on a separate CD set
> > > Second it does not come with Standard Edition
> > >
> > > Daniel Morgan
> >
> >
> > Daniel, you are wrong with regards to OEM being on a separate cd for
> > windows. For the windows release of 10g there is only one CD for both
> > the db and OEM.
> >
> > L
>
>
> What does OEM have to do with Grid control? Daniel mentioned nothing
> about Enterprise Manager. Where did you infer he did? The fact that
> grid control is unavailable on Windows servers is likely due to it not
> being available at the current time, a conclusion I draw from the
> download page for Oracle 10g. Grid control is listed for many
> operating systems of the Linux/UNIX variety, however no mention of any
> Windows server is mentioned. The original poster asked about grid
> control with Windows Server, and why it was greyed out in Enterprise
> Manager. Daniel gave a perfectly rational explanation that it wasn't
> installed. And it can't be, at least not until it's available for
> Windows. And this has nothing to do with the location of Enterprise
> Manager on the distribution CDs for Windows.
>
> I would suggest you re-read the post again.
>
> David Fitzjarrell
>
>
> David Fitzjarrell

David, sorry to have irritated you on this thread. With that out of the way let me ask you a question. With 10G OEM can I monitor several differenct instances on different servers some of which are 9i?.

Thanks for your help.

L Received on Sat Jul 10 2004 - 18:46:35 CDT

Original text of this message

HOME | ASK QUESTION | ADD INFO | SEARCH | E-MAIL US