Re: Oracle 10G: Grid Control Install Problems. 64 Bit Windows

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:51:26 -0700

Louis Frolio wrote:

> Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1089260183.508875_at_yasure>...
>

>>Mr. Chow Wing Siu wrote:

>>>------------------------
>>>
>>>I have the same problem (Grid Control) on 32 bit windows.
>>>The option is dimmed and the management serivce and agent
>>>is not found. I think that the OEM (grid contol) is not
>>>released yet for windows in the following url.
>>>
>>>http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oem/index.html
>>>
>>>Please give ideas.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Johnson Chow
>>
>>My guess would be because neither of you has installed grid control.
>>
>>First grid control is on a separate CD set
>>Second it does not come with Standard Edition
>>
>>Daniel Morgan
>

> Daniel, you are wrong with regards to OEM being on a separate cd for
> windows.  For the windows release of 10g there is only one CD for both
> the db and OEM.

I am not incorrect ... the discussion above says "grid control". And grid control is an entirely separate installation and here's the proof right off the boxes sitting on my desk:

Oracle Database 10g Release 1 (10.1.0.2) CD Pack for Linux x86 CDP No. B13356-01 v1

Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Grid Control Release 1 (10.1.0.2) CD Pack for Linux x86
CDP No. B13381-01 v1

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jul 09 2004 - 17:51:26 CDT