DB instance grabs port 8009?

From: Scott Royston <scott.royston_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Jul 2004 08:55:44 -0700

I'm trying to use oracle 9 with JBoss on the same machine (windows xp). JBoss uses JServ for webserver/jsp-servlet communcation, which uses port 8009. When I try to start up JBoss with an oracle DB service up and running it complains the 8009 is already bound. If I stop the DB instance service it loads up fine. I'm not sure why a DB Instance is grabbing that port. I found a JServ directory in the oracle install, and found a jserv.properties file that had a "port=" setting, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks Received on Fri Jul 09 2004 - 10:55:44 CDT