nls_numeric_characters...

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 15:28:42 +0200

Hi!
Windows Client, 9.2.0.4 server
I'm trying to set nls_numeric_characters to ". ", hoping that this says "dot as decimal separator, no group separator". Unfortunately the doc doesn't seem to say whether the space is the synonym for "no" and the parameter requires exactly two single byte characters.
Unfortunately, the only may I can make sqlplus accept this is by doing an alter session.
When I try to use the environment variable, even if echo ---%nls_numeric_characters%--- clearly shows the decimal point and the space, sqlplus shows me select 1.5 from dual;
10.5

10,5

.
Any ideas?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Fri Jul 09 2004 - 08:28:42 CDT