Re: Very long "WHERE" list.

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:39:42 -0700

Serguei wrote:

> Dear Experts,
> I have to execute a SELECT statement with a very long "IN" list with
> several thousands of values:
>
> SELECT something FROM table WHERE id IN (1,3,5, ...., 20001)
>
> Unfortunately Oracle can not process this request directly. Is there
> any way to by path this limitation?
> Regards,
> Serguei.

There are various ways of solving the problem but the thing that comes to mind first is that if you have this requirement you have a system desparately in need of redesign.

I'd suggest fixing the architecture as this is not just an Oracle nightmare ... it precludes using most tools to do most things.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Jul 08 2004 - 20:39:42 CDT