Re: Recommended book for 8.x users who upgrade to 10?

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:42:02 GMT

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 06:32:42 -0700, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>Holger Marzen wrote:

>On the subject of administering the db with command-line tools I can
>tell you that unless you are trying to move yourself into the realm
>of unemployed dinosaur those days are over. You'd be wise to spend
>your time looking at OEM and GRID control. I know CIOs that are
>actively replacing DBAs that can't figure out that those days are over.

Maybe CEOs need to be replacing their CIOs. GUIs are good for some things, for many other things command line is still king (and quite often faster to work with). Additionally, people that use command line usually know how to use a GUI, but not the other way around. .......
We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Thu Jul 08 2004 - 14:42:02 CDT