Re: copying tables(s) from on database instance to another

From: RahulDhond <rahuldhond_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 15:05:49 -0400

I used database link. Now my instances can easily talk to each other. I dont need to use export/import or even copy command. export/import works well if one instance doesnt have the table at all. If I have 1 table present in both instances and I need to append some rows from table1/instance1 to table1/instance 2, it doesnt work. Since the binary of import translates into "create table <tablename>, it fails right there seeing that the table already exists in the other database instance. In these cases database links really come in handy. Anyways, thank you for your valuable suggestion.  regards